Search This Blog

Friday, December 23, 2011

Yet another bully, "Yorkie", on same thread a little earlier today:

[In reponse to Chipoltespice's post from 24 Sept, 2011, which I quote here:

"If a person is 1/64 "Indian" and the rest non-Indian but have a mtDNA or YDNA that is D, they are an Indian no matter what? What happen to the rest of them? This is a fairy tale for those who want to deny the 99% of their other heritage. :jester: You don't think anyone truly buys that rubbish :no:"]

Yorkie replied:
 
"Well said! No Native American EVER carried MTdna W. Period.

What puzzles me is why certain posters want to focus upon a tiny fraction of their background whilst, as you say, denying the vast bulk of the rest. That in itself is deeply suspect, but to also invent baseless links back to the Norwegian Viking 'Vinland' explorations of pre-Columbus America and to the Phoenicians is paralytically stupid. :sarcastic: :jester:

Speaking personally, I am an Englishman with no Native American ancestry whatsoever. I would never pretend to have any because actually it is a little patronising and insulting to treat the Native American heritage as a 'badge' that makes someone 'exotic'. The real, genuine Native Americans must get sick to the back teeth of this. I know I would."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, earlier today, before this post, Yorkie left the following message on my personal profile on the DNA forums:

"No Native American was EVER Mtdna W. Nor do you have a single drop of ancestry that can be traced to either the Vinland expedition or the Phoenicians.
 
"Act your age."

To which I replied (on my own profile): "Shove off, Yorkie. You're a drunken fool."
 
 
#####################################################
 
UPDATE:  Here's the bottom line:  I rightfully consider myself Native American, Cherokee, through my maternal lineage (the significance of which I recognize, unlike those bozos).  My blood quanta is in fact at least 1/8 to 1/16, because both my gg-grandparents were Indian... but, I am also Danish Viking, English, German, Basque, Celt, Dutch, Flemish, Scotch-Irish, and whatever else.  I'm the sum total of all of that, although some components of my DNA (such as my mitochondria) are more dominant in my personality.  A person can't help but be richly influenced by the women who bore and raised them.
 
As for the origins of Cherokees, with all of their different Matriarchally organized Clans, very little is actually known about it.  And I'm sure when it comes to light, it will be a very interesting subject for conversation.  I'm equally certain that the paternal DNA of Cherokees will be just as intriguing.

No comments:

Post a Comment